Sunday 15 January 2012

A Night At The Airport


  And here I was, at the airport, all alone, with coffee (frappucinno) to add to company, soothing in the midst of jazz music at Starbucks LCCT while waiting for my flight commencement, enjoying the view outside from the glass window pane. People of all colours, nationality, characters embedded within them, the view from my window pane. Well I think that's what you get having staring blanks at a window for long periods of time. Its 3am now by the way.


  Tired much was I, but I just couldn't help my hands getting onto my keyboard, thus here I was typing away again. Now then, with the aroma of coffee beans still floating about in the morning air, cars of all standards passed by in style ~~ a Proton Wira, a Nissan Murano to add, oh oh, and a Porche too! Well, I think those cars do somewhat resemble the people driving in them, a class of each and every own. With the National flag waving from afar, from where I'm sitting, people are just moving about, heaved with luggages and backpacks, some rushing, some just strolling, and some standing still like trees in the woods. Oh, did I mentioned that a pretty air-stewardess just passed by? XD


  Hitting the keys on at 3.30am, four Germans just waltzed in, communicating in a language in which I can't really understand, but yeah, it's just pure German language. And as they were sitting themselves down next to mii, a Chinese woman from China just walked in and talked to another customer right behind mii. Ears-dropping on, you can just hear their slang and all, tongue-twisting Chinese language, yup! China alright! And well, they just can't stop talking now would they?




  The Germans are back, and they didn't come back empty-handed though. Would you just look at all those food their about to devour on, amazing! 20minutes passed, and the two Chinese women are still talking and talking behind mii, they do have their right to communicate anyway, so that aside...


  While minutes pass, the whole coffee shop certainly has just burst into life. People are all chatting away and the barrister was seen to have stepped up to the occasion, doing what they do best, brewing coffee the old Starbucks style. Seriously, the air-port is really an interesting place to be where you have a cocktail of nations, cultures and languages all confined into one place, all but enjoying a universal drink ~~ COFFEE! Addicted enough?




  A blink of an eye and I've been here for 5hours since 11.30pm. Cars and buses are slightly increasing in numbers and so are the people here. Away from 'my' window pane, diverting my view now to the opposite side, you could see people lining up for the toilets and bank-machine-tellers. Shops are filling up with customers and people pushing baggage trolleys here and there. Another air-stewardess walks by and Oh ya, the two Chinese women behind mii just left.... XD


  I still have 2 more hours to my flight commencement. Hitting the refresh button again on my Facebook, a friendly wish heard from where the barristers are. 'Good Morning' they shouted as a few customers walked in. Courtesy just makes ones' day doesn't it? And, behold! As I was staring and looking around, I soon found myself staring at a teenager staring blank back at mii. Well, I've seen him playing his games on his laptop hours ago, and now he's staring at mii, 'are you thinking what I am thinking?' He goes back to his games anyway, while I go back to my, erm, more staring.


  When I thought everything was over, Walla! He just walked up to mii and spoke to mii in a familiar language. Said him to mii in Malaysian-slang Chinese, ' Could you please take care of my belongings coz I need to take a leak?'. After a simple 'Yes', off he goes scrambling to the toilet. I should have noticed his agonizing look moments ago, it's hard to hold it in you know. I suppose he was just checking on mii whether I was or wasn't a Malaysian that's all. Well, he's back anyway, a nice 'Thanks' and he's back to his games, funny guy.... XD




  The Germans had just finished their healthy breakfast by the way, and now happily chatting away. Just to mention, they consist of two parents and their two kids, no wonder I was amazed by the amount they ate. Anyhow, it's 5am now as a BMW 7series passed by with elegance carved on its black body. Sounds of whipped cream being smooshed onto Frappucinos are heard from the kitchen and the jazz music now has been changed to classical piano. People scurrying here and there while a street light starts to flicker on and off. It's dawn now, a new beginning for another new day. Not to mention it's my sister's birthday today! And I really can't wait to get home to celebrate it with her...


  As two more air-stewardess come passing by again, and the barrister comes to his routine cleaning of the tables, I think I've had enough staring for now. It's not so boring after all given what I've seen and heard so far. Thanks once again to Starbucks LCCT for their warm service and providing mii a hang-out spot. I've gotta check-in now, so, adios my friends! Goodbye KL and hello Kedah! And, OMG, the two Chinese ladies just walked in again, and their behind mii once more, well, you could guess what they're up to by now....

No comments:

Post a Comment