Tuesday 22 January 2013

A Tribute To A Pair Of Shoes....




  I remember walking into an Al-Ikhsan shop at Jalan Pegawai, Alor Star. That time it was a matter of  'in sudden need' for a pair of futsal shoes for a game with my friends in Kedah. Nike, Adidas, Umbro, those were the ones showing through, boasting their wide range of colours and capabilities (advertised of course). And sadly yes, a bloody good pair costed almost half of my monthly budget, not unless I'm gonna have bread and butter for the rest of my days though. Being just a student, I had to really choose, but I ain't gonna walk out empty handed either. (Oh shit, it seems like I've gone back to primary school and started writing an autobiography of a pair of shoes! Shoot, have I gotton stupid or what? Anyway, highly emotional here ok? Let mii finish. :) )








  Then in a corner, there stood them yellow classy shoes, shining through the display glass, caught my attention right away. They were then that pair of Line-7 shoes, special edition as well. Not to say it's cheap though, that pair did a damage of about RM80 to my account. But being content at the thought that I'd actually had something to wear, and since it was my first official pair of futsal shoes, (had been bare footed or wearing sport-shoes before this), I thought, why not start small and give it a try. The leathery smell was awesome, and imagining myself running in those eye-catching yellow boots certainly gave the green light to go for it.








  So there it was, embarking on a journey of thrill and excitement for mii on the futsal court. Before this, futsal  was just a mere exercise for mii, never gave it much though and interest. But these then, they were like magic, and since every now and then, I've never missed any futsal games not unless urgent matters tie mii down. And amazingly, I started scoring. Yeah at first some were lucky goals, but it really gave mii the confidence whenever I stepped into those soles and started running, improving slowly but surely. Exhilarating! And while I was busy enjoying life, I never noticed the wear and tear surfacing one by one.




Holed.... Now how it got there I really didn't know!






Torn, badly...




  And like many good things, there will be an end to them. As many good things did, it was soon time to move on. A large tear in the right front and a hole in the other ended their sparkling service. I really couldn't have done what I've achieved without them. Thanks so much to this pair who gave mii so much thrill to savor for the past one year. Over more than 60 goals, really appreciate it! Now with a devastating blow, it's time to take a rest. RIP, I'll remember you forever, my 1st official pair of futsal shoes!!!
(OK, finished my stupid 'essay', handing it up to my teacher now, thank you, LOL!!!)








Signing off:

Nickel Low Chen Jie



No comments:

Post a Comment