Friday 22 February 2013

10 Things To Do Before You Die




  Being bored recently, I started to deviated from the norm of the pre-set mind. Don't worry, I'm still too young to die for now. Still, having some time to spare, I managed to get a few friends and relatives to answer this question: What are the 10 things you wanna do before you die?






  As expected, many of them gave a same reply of 'I've not thought of this before'. Well now, even myself, I don't think I could picture 10 things in that short period of time. Most of us are, as usual too busy or either already satisfied with living the life we have now. And of course, some others DO have really interesting ideas of their own! Here are a few common plus some special ones...


1. To be a billionaire and own many properties and businesses.
2. To set foot anywhere, anyplace, anytime; travelling like never before.
3. Live like a God (No illness, no pain & won't grow old).
4. Have a nice wife, a big family and to see how their children would look like (The children part's funny, hehe).
5. Own a whole set of Apple gadgets and an exquisite stamp collection.
6. Having starred in a movie with themselves the main character.
7. Spend their whole lot of time with their families.
8. A drive around a lap at Nurburgring circuit, longest track in the world in Germany.
9. To find true love at least for this life-time
10. Confess to the person who you admire for so long, telling him/her that you love them.
11. Food oh food!
12. Die in a hug?!!!! (One of my friend quoted! Seriously? hahahaha)
13. A touching confession of love towards your parents.
14. Sunbathing by the beach for life!
15. Living each day happily and meaningfully.
16. To be an inspiration to others.
17. To snap down pictures of the everyday life.
18. Have an outstanding career!
19. To get a modern day condo with a walk-in wardrobe and swimming pool.
20. Get laid.. (opps!)






  Simple thoughts. Simple things. Simple life. Sometimes, you tend to look back at the path you took up to this moment, you'll notice there're many things that meant so much more in life than the ones you're living through now. Not asking one to regret, but then, what would it have been if things were right then, so different? Yeah, no one can change a destined life, but having thoughts like these, they're like setting goals, goals to be achieved before a life crumbles into the claws of the unforgiving time.






  Having said that, 10 things to do before I die...



1. Is the world really round?

  To that question, like most of us, travel seems to be an appropriate answer for this, given a decent budget that could take us to places. Of course, wild ones would think of places men has never been able to set foot on. Mars maybe?



2. To forgive a person

  People do mistakes, inevitable. And you can't really blame them, though some might be of a sinful purpose. But for those accidental mistakes, one can actually afford to forgive them at a certain point of time. For mii before I die, I'll take that chance to forgive a person, forget the past and rejuvenate relationships. Now and then, life as we know it...



3. To make a serious enemy

  A saying once quoted, 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer'. We all talk about best friends, true friends, all that stuff. But one can never know when that friend that you think who he/she should be, might betray you one day, leaving you in the darkest corner of life. Hence, instead of making best friends, I would love to make a serious enemy. Competition, arguments, debates, fights, all that. Of course not to the extent of killing each other but yeah, enemies are the ones who will really voice out pure opinions of oneself, hence having an enemy ain't that bad given you'll be challenged to change for the better in life.



4. To fall hard and come right back up again.

  Failures they are everywhere. And the most important thing to failures is that they pull you right down hard. But being able to get up after one has fallen could be the biggest success ever! Look at all those billionaires, those successful people. Of which has not tasted defeat you tell mii. Nothing is easy, but overcoming your failures could prove a promising success in time to come.



5. To find true love.

  Now who wouldn't want that? Love is everywhere, a little timing, a little spark and a little confidence could get things running. Single life could be easy-going, but nothing beats a great relationship!






6. To make the world smile.

  Blogging. Well, to mii, from being just blogging personal stuff as I started off at the beginning, it changed as time passed on. It would be an achievement if my blogs would bring smiles and laughter to the world. Though that's a very long way to go from where I am now, at least I'm trying hard. It would be even better if these articles could actually give hope and change one's life for the good.



7. To taste the flavours of the world.

  A food lover like mii could never resist the temptation of delicacies all around the world. Though I think I could never get my body weight to an optimum level, my taste-buds wouldn't forgive mii if i were to reject food being displayed in front of mii. Duh!



8. A poem that would be passed on and remembered

  I do love writing poems. And with my self-acclaimed mentor of Shakespeare, I really wished my poems would be passed down, published in every way possible and be known by many. Dreams, oh dreams...



9. Earn 1 million

  With the profession I'm in, it really is impossible to earn 1 million worth of quid. Nah really, not even if you become a high ranking person of my career, one can never achieve this feat. So, I'll set it at just 1 million, though many would want more. Hope I'll just kena TOTO 1 million then everything's settled! XD



10. My parents...

  On returning to my hometown each year, watching my parents growing older and older each visit makes my heart ache. All those memories as a child, to hold their hands as I grow, and now to watch them entering the golden age of life is unbearable. Sometimes, I really wished time would just stop. While many of us hope to grow up being somebody soon, I really wish it would just stay still. To feel the wrinkles on their skin, to watch strands of hair turning white, I felt useless being unable to do anything. To spend time with them is the only thing I could, and to give back to them of what they fought and strived for mii is all that I could ever repay.







  Well, 10 things before I die. There are of course many more in the eyes of others, and one can never doubt each and every of them means so much to that person. No matter how ridiculous some may sound, these are dreams and wishes of people who one has no right to condemn upon. After all, dreams and wishes are only limited by the minds of those who limits them. Now, what are yours then?







  Special thx to all my friends who have helped mii through this simple survey. It was fun knowing each and every of your thoughts, thx once again! XD






Signing off:

Nickel Low CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment