Saturday 24 November 2012

The Controversial McDonald's Burger




  Well, recently, we've all heard about the news of McD, about it's controversial FREE burgers. Yeah, the word FREE certainly gets people hustling, especially us Malaysians. Who wouldn't want anything free frankly speaking?





  Anyway, being here in Seri Manjung, Perak has seriously dented my chances of getting internet, especially when your're using Maxis Broadbands. P1 Wimax rules here, just to let ya'll know. And no internet, no blog posts. Hence I was off to the nearest McD to get some connection to the world! Upon reaching, it was crowded, simply crowded. I was there for my usual breakfast set, McD's apple pie and lukewarm Arabic coffee. At first I thought McD's business was so freaking good, so many people lining up making orders. An uncle beside mii starting talking on how he lined up right to the entrance for two days now and got two free burgers. Then only I came to know when people started grabbing about, FREE BURGERS!



Crowds!




And crowds!



  Honestly, I never knew I would find myself in the lining to get one of these. I even thought the promotion period was over too. The controversy of this burger has also hit the internet by storm, famous as it is, I never thought of getting one actually, until today when a staff herself handed mii a paper-bag of the meal when I was gonna make mii order. Well, who could resist right? And it would be weird to reject it on the spot, hence MINE BURGER!



Lookie what I've got!



  The controversy to be honest started in Malaysia, in which 'Save GAZA' quotes and pictures could be seen all over the internet. I myself would rather stay out of this, but I certainly wish them well, who wants to die anyway right? These all has brought to the 'campaign' of boycotting McD's products and the free burger itself, with many claiming that this was a tactic of McD trying to win the minds of people by giving free burgers.







  To mii, my point of view (no offence), the first thing that came to my mind was, how could these FREE burgers help to fund the attack on GAZA itself? And besides, this is a franchised company, owned by us Malaysians ourselves. We shouldn't have anything to do with that right? Of course there may be hidden motives which I personally admit that I know nothing of. But for mii, if I wanna help out, I would pray, pray with my heart for their well-being. Instead of being 'Cyber Heros', with Facebook itself is erm, regarded as 'one of them'.



Mii breakfast! XD



  Anyhow, enjoyed my burger, hadn't gotten the chance to enjoy my apple pie though. Amidst all these, RELA were also standing-by out there, in case any fight breaks out, but the only fight I see were the customers jabbing each other for them burgers. Malaysians, we just love free things don't we,? That's what makes us who we are! XD






  Thx McD for making my breakfast so eventful. And to my Muslim friends and those in GAZA, I'll pray hard for your well-being and wish you all the best. May you get through all these hardships as soon as possible. One day, just one day maybe, we humans could actually learn to live together peacefully...




Notice released from McDonald's after the outbreak of the controversy:

We would like reiterate that McDonald’s does NOT channel any sales, profits or franchise fees from our restaurants to support ANY political causes, nor terrorism or oppression in any part of the world. There is absolutely no truth in any online allegation suggesting otherwise. Jack Greenberg is not the CEO of McDonald’s Corporation; he left the company ten years ago. 

One of our core values is th

at we operate our business ethically, and we uphold this with utmost conviction. In Malaysia, we are proud to be part of the local community providing opportunities for local franchisees and careers for 11,500 Malaysians, serving our customers with passion and actively supporting meaningful causes to enhance the lives of the needy.

We would like to respectfully remind all that our Facebook site is not a political forum, and we will no longer accommodate any related comments.

If you require any clarification, please contact our Corporate Communications Department at 03 – 7843 3388.










Signing out:
Nickel Low CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment