Tuesday 9 April 2013

Life In CUCMS, Now and Then.... (Under Public Demand)





  Alright, alright. Wow, the questions are falling in like the pulsing burst of the Nigeria Falls. Emails, Facebook messages, and blog comments, I'm being surrounded by questions of all kinds about CUCMS. Haha, don't worry, I'm not annoyed, in fact I'm more than willing to help. Now then, this blog is more on CUCMS as a whole, to all those newbies and future CUCMS-ians, really hope this will answer many of your questions.




Beautiful interior




Main desk




  First of all, I'm Low Chen Jie, a would-be-senior if you guys were to step right aboard our ship, am in MBBS 3rd year now and currently enjoying my life as it is. Then, many of the questions asked were:


How is life in CUCMS?
How is it studying there?
Is the university recognized and will it last till the end? (Was amazed by this question, XD)
Compared to other universities, how is CUCMS different from them?
Would you recommend newbies to study there?
How are the lecturers in CUCMS?
How is the management in CUCMS?
Has anyone graduated from CUCMS and how are their lives now?




Bungee jump!!!! Just joking! XD





Great library!




  Well, these are just a few of the many questions forwarded to mii recently. And yeah took some time to reply them one by one. Hopefully through this post, I could answer them all at once. Alright, good or bad news first? There's this one young girl I chatted with, well, she wanted to know the good news first. Let's go with that then shall we?




Foundy night!




  The good of CUCMS, come to think of it, I really am proud to say I've been in one of the best. Academically  CUCMS is no other than 'awesome' could describe. They are really well organized, objectives of each lesson listed at the beginning and yeap, the syllabus are all more than applicable in our future medical lives.




Presentation!





  Starting with foundation, I dare say we're one of the best in Malaysia. The lectures are well integrated and focused on bringing students towards the lines of MBBS and Pharmacy. Meaning, just foundation itself, we students are exposed bit by bit to the medical world, on how to apply our knowledge medically and what not. In fact, the lecturers themselves are amazing, in foundation, look for Mr. Eric. Not only a great and respectable lecturer, but he could be an awesome mentor as well, listening to your problems and helping you in whichever way possible. Till now I myself am indebted to him!




That handsome chubby guy in the middle is Mr. Eric!!!





  Besides just academic, CUCMS does focus on co-curricular activities as well. Apart from sports day and other stuff, there are also team-building camps organized each and every year up till 5th year. This could really train you, instead of thinking it as a burden, think of it as a challenge and you'll enjoy it very much. Mr. Eric and Dr. Basmullah will also bring you guys on really interesting field trips, so look forward to that too!




Jungle trekking!





You! Come along!




  In CUCMS, we really focus on a system known as a mentor-mentee system. This in my opinion, works great when you get super cool mentors (they will be your usual lecturers), and works erm, poorly if you get care-less mentors (this should be in the bad-news part but, whatever lahhhhh). Still, no matter what, this mentor-mentee system brings bonds closer and also, enables a student to voice out their opinions about the university, the course they are taking and many other things down even to personal matters, like disagreements amongst group members etc.




Future doctors and pharmacists!




  It's a two-way communication system, but as said, works well only if the mentor you get actually likes to communicate. Some would even bring you out for dinner, and some sporty types would love a game of futsal or badminton with their mentees. No matter what, it is something different compared to other universities where students and lecturers don't bond well as we do. Good point, checked!




Yay!




  Next on, CUCMS also upholds an Affective Domain system (you'll hear them blabbling AD system, AD system, well, this is it then) which I think is the core of the university. To a question above, yes, many students have graduated from CUCMS and are now working happily in respective hospitals and clinics. And according to survey, the seniors instead of knowledge, they admitted they gained most on Affective Domain.




Medical checkup programme!




  Well, it's a little hard to explain, but AD is more on the personal attitude of students, where students are trained from scratch in CUCMS to be more cooperative, humane, positive thinking and committed to whatever they do. Really, I don't see any other universities upholding the importance of this matter, and through this we are stronger in a way. In fact, CUCMS students were highly looked up upon in hospitals due to the good affective domain of each students.




Red House, Champions of last year! What about this year?! XD




Morning exercise!




  Now for the bad. 'Is the university recognized and will it last till the end?'. Seriously, this question I think, is one of the most important questions ever. In fact I myself would ask the same way. OK, to be honest, CUCMS has faced problems in the past. The 236 incident is and will forever be a black spot in CUCMS history, where due to CUCMS policy problems, received an intake more than the 150 students limit permitted. And due to that, excess students had to be removed, which in my opinion, by force. It really is something sad, and what affects most is the aftermath of the incident. Students were affected academically and mentally, even myself suffered from the wrath of the incident. More to that, CUCMS was suspended of it credibility and students were left clinging on fearing for their futures.








  But no matter how bad things seem to be, there is always a silver lining. CUCMS learnt from their lesson, and now everything is stabilized  In fact, we've gotten our credibility and we're now listed as one of the official medical universities in Malaysia. Check the papers and you'll know. Everything is back to normal now, the university is growing fast with students increasing each year, but abide all that, those friends who left us for other universities will be remembered forever!




I dissected a frog! Muahahahhahaha!




  Sniff..... No I did not cry! LOL! Moving on, the management. Yes, this is a major point which still needs lots of improvement. Slow, inefficient and lots of procedures to go through to get things done. This really is a problem CUCMS has to settle fast. Do not worry about the facilities in CUCMS. However, the accommodations posed a few problems ~~ sky-high rental fees, slow response to complaints of broken household equipment and other stuff. All these are being fought for now and I myself hope a change could be implemented as soon as possible. However, this is a point to note for students who really have to got through the management. For those who wants to come in, being normal, study-focused students, this is a paradise I would say. But for those like mii, fighting for our student rights, it poses many hurdles and problems for us. Still, being juniors and newbies, I would advice to hinder this problem and just focus on studying. Let your abang and kakak fight for you for now. :)




Classrooms!




  In Cyberjaya, it would be hard to get your meals I would say. There's a canteen but the food there is almost same everyday, it'll bore you out trust mii. And from 2nd year onwards I would advice to get your own transportation, if not car-pool. Hence you really need to plan well in moving about in Cyberjaya. The things in Cyberjaya are also quite expensive, and food outlets in Shaftsbury Square are just too expensive to take as everyday consumption. The food stalls in Cyberia are a little cheaper, but watch out for the hygiene, don't wanna get diarrhoea now would we? If you have time, pay a visit to MMU's cafeteria, it's cheap, clean, of large portions and yummy! Haha, those were my foundation days and how I missed them.




Teamwork!









  Overall, CUCMS is a not-so-bad place to study in. Academic wise is great, other than that you'll just need to adapt well. A tip to survive is to mix around as much as possible. Do not form self-groups and try to mangle around whenever possible. This will really help a lot, better bonds better life. No matter what, the most important thing is to get your mind and will focused on the things you are studying. Make it part of your life and you'll certainly enjoy it much. I dare say every university has problems of itself, it is up to us on how we see things in the end. I am happy with where I'm studying now, and I bet you guys and gals will too if you think positively.




Sunat-thon!





Basic Life Support activities!




  I know many of you still have many questions to ask. For that, you are welcomed to forward questions to my email or reply to this post. I will try my best to help. For pharmacy life, just post your questions here as well, I have friends who could attend to them. For now then, adios amigos! Hope to see you all soon! XD




Together as ONE!





An old picture of mii! 'Am more handsome now', said my friend Pauline Ng! Thx Pauline! :)





Do you want to know what it takes to being a medical student? Read it here on my LATEST UPDATE!!! 

http://nickel-low.blogspot.com/2014/05/7-tips-on-what-it-takes-to-step-into.html?spref=fb






Signing off:

Nickel Low CJ






85 comments:

  1. Hey, I am interested in the foundation leading to MBBS at CUCMS. Does CUCMS accepts SPM trial's results and when is the intake for foundation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Foundation intakes shud b in May n July~ But please do call for further info~ And yes, for MAy intakes I do tink thy do accept thm while waiting for your actual results~ :)

      Delete
  2. can i know abt the fee structure for foundation in science?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi~ I am not really sure about this for the new intakes. Cz the prices may vary frm what it was last time. Please call CUCMS help desk for info~~~ :)

      Delete
  3. Hey Nickel Low,

    I'd like to know whether the foundation leading to mbbs and foundation leading to pharmacy, are they the same? AND, I applied for foundation leading to pharmacy IF i'd like to pursue MBBS later,would it be possible for me to the course using my foundation results?

    I'd really appreciate if you could explain further about this matter. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #would it be possible for me to pursue MBBS by using my foundation (leads to pharmacy) results?
      typo (-.-'') and I apologise for my broken English too!

      Delete
    2. Yes, foundation in CUCMS leads to both Pharm n MBBS... so yes, u cn use the results u have in foundy to go to either MBBS or pharm~~~ :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks for answering my question. Oh I've attended the interview recently but I'd like to ask when would i know the status for the interview? AND for foundation,are there any recommended textbooks or should i just depend on the lecture notes given? AND as for the lecture notes, where can i get it, i mean can I find it in the portal? I hop you don't find me troublesome asking too much. AND this is a personal question i guess,how you get on and how you manage your time there,any suggestions? Thanks a LOT for this.

      Delete
    4. it's ok, u can just ask away~~ :)
      hmm~ abt the interview, i tink u shud b knowing it in a week's time, if nt call up if you still do not receive any news after a week.

      textbooks, yea, thy will recommend you a few textbooks to buy thru a dealer who will come to your class. If not, go to Kamal Bookshop in KL, thy sell all medical books there. If u r on a tight budget, get 2nd hand books frm seniors, bt do make sure theirs n yr syllabus are the same...

      for mii, i depend more on lecture notes, thy will gv to u after n before classes, so dun wori abt tat too much

      on managing time, i tink is best you ask yourself hw high do you aim in your acedemics? are u all out in studies, or u wanna b an all-rounder, including sports n stuff. For mii, i enjoy life really (the reason i wrote this blog). So i dun hv much pressure on studies. I hv time for studies, sports and outings. and i am a litte last minute study-person (not good t learn from), so i usually have more time doing recreational activities...

      you are welcomed to post any questions, i will answer thm when i am free~~
      the only small favour is that you help mii promote my blog and also my page, tat's all....
      hope to see you soon in cucms, i am known as CJ, so ask arnd, thy might know~~ :)

      Delete
    5. Hey CJ,
      I've got the call from cucms and I will further my foundation there this Thursday!!~
      I am really really REALLY interested to do medicine BUT the problem is I had to do foundation leading to pharmacy which last time I am not certain of the path to choose between medicine or pharmacy. So I am wondering if I could pursue medicine with this foundation IF (and I will) I get good results for the foundation (leading to pharmacy)? Do you or happen to experience this kind of COMPLICATED situation? Thanks in advance.

      AND, another question is, can you share with me which of the subjects that is difficult the most and how do you manage to score well in each subjects.

      AND, in terms of memorizing,do you have your own way of memorizing d facts and what not. Since I am pretty bad at it, so, I'd like to know how's your way of memorizing d facts.

      AND, since I am your to-be junior, can you share some tips on how to do well in the foundation, I mean basically you manage to get a good results and your curricular activities, communication skills, and so forth.

      Again, sorry for asking too much and I really hope can answer these questions if you have time. AND I am impressed with the poems that you wrote in a such beautiful way and your English is superb! I am currently improving my English through reading the articles and I found that your poem too can contribute to that. how you find the idea of writing each poem?

      That's all for now, I am looking forward to meeting you soon. Finders keepers!~ Thanks in advance.

      Delete
    6. 0h, good to know that! Hope to meet u in campus then~ There is a 'Student get Student' programme but I will talk abt tatto u whn i meet u then~

      About foundation, is there really a foundation specially for medic n pharmacy? cz my days, these r both combined. U jz take foundation, and then you choose whether u wan mbbs or pharm in the end, depending on yr CGPA. Still, interest will get you far, stick to the one you think is right for you~

      On subjects, i dun really have a clear 'most difficult' to mentioned as it depends. Everyone has smth they are weak at, for mii it was mostly Chemistry!
      Memorizing, i tink you hv to understand the context 1st, do notes, thn oni u start to memorise. In fact, it is better if you could really understand the whole thing instead of blindly memorizing.

      For mii, I plan my time, but most of it is used to enjoy life. Unless you wanna be a top top top achiever, life will be great. These will be taught to you ltr, i think thy have a buddy system. If not you could jz pop around and 'consult' mii ltr~~

      For the poems, it depends. Sometimes i have the 'kick', so i write. I'm english based at home since small, and i read lots and lots of books, so, i tink that's where my skill comes~

      Do you have FB? Or is there anyway I could contact you? PM mii to my email.... :)

      Hope to see you soon!!

      Delete
    7. Hey thanks for the tips !

      No need add me la because I added you ady on FB. Approve later ya. The name is Munirah Ismadi .

      Delete
  4. hi \^/
    in mbbs..
    how long the claz per day n how many in a week, the test/exam ?
    how far the rental house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. erm, it varies... Usually will b 8am to 4pm in 1st and 2nd year, thn 3rd to 5th year varies distinctively~~
      hw far? i dun really understand tis ques bt if hw much,it would be rm220 single room, rm3++ for double n master... 1st n 2nd year i tink compulsary to stay in hostel, after tat u cn apply to find yr own accommodations outside

      Delete
  5. hi dr to be..
    what is the use for annual fee?
    mbbs:
    fee upon registration: rm 12,500.00 + 30 days after rm 12,500.00
    on Day

    (RM)
    1. Registration fee 1,000.00
    2. Deposit (accommodation) 395.00
    3. Apartment Rental ( 6 month advance rental) 1,680.00
    4. Tuition fee for semester 1 - 1st payment 6,250.00
    5. Examination fee - - - - -
    Total 9,325.00
    so how much exactly to pay on registration day? n how to pay... sob..sob.. so xpensivelorhh

    thanx 4 ur time bro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, erm, are u the same person who asked the question above tis post? :)

      yeap, annual fees are what i call 'hidden' fees.... if u want a full list for the fees, u have to DEMAND and STRESS that you want it from the finance department. Other than that, it also includes clinical fees if u r in clinical years and exam fees~~ etc etc~~

      for 1st year, i tink u have to prepare abt rm10k... i'm nt sure of the full list on fees as I am JPA sponsored, but you could get more details from the finance department. Rmb to stress on their explanation on the fees and always ask if u don't understand anything.

      hope to see u soon if u choose CUCMS as yr study place~ :)

      Delete
  6. Buy Littmann Online (Malaysia)
    All our Littmann stethoscopes are supplied by authorized distributors, you can get your Littmann stethoscopes securely from "Buy Littmann Online".
    ~Free Delivery Direct To Your Door~

    Visit us at: https://www.facebook.com/OriginalLittmannStethoscopes
    www.buylittmannonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. seems like it's time for you to update ur blog ady~ QIAN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeap, done! haha~~
      in a link above, Bolded and enlarged! thx!! :)

      Delete
  8. which hospital does CUCMS student goes for practial training?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, well we don't have a specific hospital and most of us are travelling arnd, so is best if u hv yr own transport or try tumpang sumone... bt it is worth it, you learn a lot of new things from different places, meet different kinds of people n their cultures and of course different cases frm all arnd.

      We'll be rotating at these hospitals:

      Hospital Seri Manjung, Perak,
      Hospital Serdang
      Hospital Kuala Lumpur
      Hospital Kajang
      Hospital Putrajaya
      Hospital Tentera Terendak, Melaka

      Delete
  9. Hi ady . I wanna ask something . Imma Mara sponsored student . Why is my intake in October ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arkmal~ May i know, are you sponsored for foundation or mbbs? :)

      Delete
  10. hi! I have an interview this Thursday (tomorrow) and since I only recently knew about CUCMS your posts have been really helpful.Thank you for them! :D
    um, this may be a weird question, but is the place largely Malay populated or is the population equal? and is it compulsory for the Malay girls to wear their tudung?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there~ well I'm glad it's been a big help for u and I hope I'll be seeing you soon as my junior :)
      Hmmm, on your questions, yea, its 80% Malay populated but I guess due to JPA intakes, there are also Chinese and Indians coming in. And about the tudung, I wouldn't say it's compulsory cz I've seen many who don't as well. :)

      Anyway hope I've answered your questions. Hope to see you soon, and more enquiries u could jz post them here or through my FB as stated above. All the best in your interview! :)

      Delete
    2. I see! I'm really looking forward to going for CUCMS if all my seniors are as cool as you are hahah! Thank you again!!

      Delete
    3. Alright! Well, I'm known around campus with the nickname CJ. Don't hesitate to approach if u need any advice yea! All the best~

      Delete
  11. if we got sponsor from jpa.how much do we have to pay during the registration day?or we dont need to pay any?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi~ on remote memory, I dont tink you need to. But jz in case, b prepared though, for other kinds of payment lik accomodation etc. :)

      Delete
    2. Accomodation?do you mean jpa sponsorship doesnt include the sky high VL payment??

      Delete
    3. Well, sadly nope. Yea it is sky high.... I guess you could try to get yr own accomodation outside. I mean we do hv tat option in Year 2 onwards, but do ask yr parents to press them for this option. After all you are the customer and you have rights. Make it clear on the day of entree, if nt thy'll boss you around lik wat happened to us. Make a wise move....

      Do approach mii if you hv anyting else, preferably through Facebook, I'll be happy to help. Good luck! :)

      Delete
  12. Hi there! Would like to ask something about cucms management... Whats wrong with the management actually? If you mind sharing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello... well to be honest, there's quite a few... If you really wanna noe, could you kindly get mii through Facebook? I tink its more convinient and I'll be much happy to help :)

      Delete
    2. oh okay~ hihi ^V

      Delete
    3. orite.. do pm mii 1st to let mii know jz in case~

      Delete
  13. Hi Nickel! If i have poor communcation skill would it affect my performance there? I can speak English but not that fluentlaa.. what do you think bout it? Thanks anyway... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there.... Well i guess tat's what makes us fellow Malaysians right? All rojak-ed up haha!
      Heyy, chill no problem at all... We all hv our limitations in someways, but it never is impossible... Practice makes perfect, and you'll learn to do so here in fact. With many presentations and stuff, I'm sure u'll get the hang of it... No worries, 'rmb this, We'll never get to the finish line if we never try to take the 1st step..'

      Do get mii through Facebook if you have anymore enquiries... Goodluck!!! :)

      Delete
    2. OMG i almost cried when i read your comments... thanks 4 those inspiring words! i almost gave up on my dreams bcoz of my weakness in languages....thanks thanks and thanks!!! haha truly Malaysian rojak here rojak there ^^ " We all hv our limitations in someways, but it never is impossible....We'll never get to the finish line if we never try to take the 1st step.." thanks 4 these inspiring words!!! again!

      Delete
    3. Plz don't cry haha... I hv no intentions of making anyone cry here...
      All the best... and goodluck! :)

      Delete
    4. hehe thanks! :)

      Delete
  14. Hi to all!!! Very happy that you guys and girls find my blog helpful... and for that I am willing to help more than ever. You all could get mii through my Facebook account as stated above, however, PLEASE do pm mii 1st so that I know you are the readers here... Cz I don't know who to approve on my friend's list.... Thx a lot and have a nice day peeps!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Nickel, I just wanna know what do they usually ask during interview for MBBS?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there... hmmm, it depends. It's more of a chat really, on yr ambitions, yr hopes, and mostly why you take this course, and why you choose cucms. Also there'll be some questions on the latest issues happening around, but not to fret really. Jz take it as a good chat, a professional chat and you'll b ok. If you need more details, do contact mii through FB and pm mii 1st so that I know who's messaging Good luck! :)

      Delete
  16. Hi nickel, I'm currently doing my Science Foundation at PASUM@UM. Two days ago I received an offer from MARA to further my study at CUCMS in foundation for MBBS. Need your advice please. Should I accept the offer or should I stay put here ? Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm.... UM as is University Malaya? And may I know you taking Science Foundation is for the pursue of MBBS as well in UM? Have you gt yourself a place in UM for MBBS?

      Delete
    2. Yes, im taking the Science Foundation @university Malaya for the pursue of MBBS .But they can't guarantee place. Upon completing the Foundation program i have to Apply and compete for a place at any Medical school at Public universities.

      Delete
    3. Oh... so means you are already halfway through the UM foundation programme? hmmm.... Well, in CUCMS, as long as yr pointer passes the needed mark in foundation, you'll be in for sure in CUCMS MBBS.

      Still, (this is my opinion), although CUCMS is a place where you'll enjoy learning, still it lacks that University Life. If it were mii, I'll opt for a government university (UM or USM) anytime and I'll fight to stay there. But since I've nt gotten any of that offer, the CUCMS offer was a good choice out of many others subsequently.

      I guess now, its really to stay and fight for a place, or move on to a guaranteed one. I think, to play safe, I'll be seeing myself picking CUCMS. But if you want to test yr luck and really enjoy what a university life feels like, you might opt to stay put. Of course if you're more to the studious, indoor type, well jz pick CUCMS lah haha. It's all down whether you wanna take the risk or not. But no matter how, wherever you do your MBBS, jz work hard and try to be a noble and humane doctor. Goodluck!! :)

      Delete
  17. Thank you Very much for your invaluable advice. You 're right, it boils down to making a tough decision whether 'a good & guaranteed one' or ' a better but risky one'...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap... Make a wise one then. Gook luck in your future undertakings. You're welcome to let mii know whether to join CUCMS or not. All the best! :)

      Delete
  18. Hi Nickel! I did my interview for mbbs back in May. So when will I know the results?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May I knw what did they actually asked you during your interview..thanks.. :)

      Delete
    2. Huh? U hvnt gt results? I guess u've gota make a phone call to cucms to enquire. And abt interview, I'm a JPA scholar, so I dint go through the interview. I jz knew a bit frm my frenz who did. It's more of a chat really, on yr ambitions, yr hopes, and mostly why you take this course, and why you choose cucms. Also there'll be some questions on the latest issues happening around...

      Delete
    3. so there's no essay that have to be written right? Btw thank you so much you've been a great help..:)))

      Delete
    4. Essay arh? I'm nt too sure, bt shud be nope... Dint hear my juniors mentioning abt tat.. No prob, glad to help, any enquiries jz contact mii through FB. Would be much easier cz i duno when I'll open my blog sometimes. PM mii 1st if so. All the best! :)

      Delete
    5. There was an essay :)

      Delete
    6. there was? oppsss... my bad... well, thx for updating :)

      Delete
    7. Looks like it's gonna be tough..:/ thanks for d update appreciate it..:)

      Delete
  19. how about public transport from kl sentral to cucms? i've interview next tuesday. need great help from you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KL sentral ah... K, you take the ERL (ask for ERL or Malaysia's fastest train and ppl will direct you) from KL Sentral to Putrajaya Sentral. After tat u could take a taxi at Putrajay Sentral to CUCMS, I tink arnd rm20 if not mistaken the teksi fare.

      Delete
  20. can I ask the dress code in CUCMS for female... can I wear jeans to class? can I wear sleeveless shirt? I'm not the type who wears baju kurung. I'm not saying baju kurung is bad it's just that, i prefer to wear something else other than baju kurung... thanks. btw imma future cucms-ians and i found your blog really helpfull compare to others... hee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there future junior!! Really excited to meet you and many others who will be coming in! :)

      Well, sadly no. Jeans and sleeveless are nt allowed to be frank. But i do see people wearing sleeveless with a cardigan, jacket or long sleeves on to cover up. And long slacks are encouraged, nth less thn knee level. Yes you can wear smth else than baju kurung, maybe keep it for Fridays, but jz keep yr clothes below knees and elbows. MBBS is a lil strict, bt it trains our professionalism nevertheless. BPharm thy too hv such dress codes, bt they are somewhat lenient compared to us.

      Anyway, I'm glad this helped you in someway. Hoping to see you soon!! If there's anything else, do get mii through FB for a more faster reply. Jz PM mii who you are to let mii know 1st. Goodluck and all the best! :)

      Delete
  21. Hi Nickel! I'm going for an interview tomorrow and I'm really nervous. Can you share bits about the interview you went through Eg: questions they asked and your answers! That's be really helpful! :) p/s: Were the interviewers scary? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there... Hmmm, 1st of all keep calm, haha. Well, I'm a JPA scholar, so I dint go through the interview. I jz knew a bit frm my frenz who did. It's more of a chat really, on yr ambitions, yr hopes, and mostly why you take this course, and why you choose cucms. Also there'll be some questions on the latest issues happening around. Also I got the latest update there'll b a short essay to be written. I'm not too sure on that part though.

      But still, the interviewers would be really friendly and cool. I guess you'll get the hand of it after some time in there. Well, if u need more details and hv anymore questions, do contact mii through FB, would be easier then. PM mii 1st if so, my FB account is stated as abv in the right upper corner. All the best!!!! Goodluck! :)

      Delete
  22. Hey, I don't suppose you know anything regarding Diploma in Psychology offered in CUCMS but if you know anything about it, would you say that it's a great course to study in CUCMS?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Well, sorry to say, i hv nt a clue abt this course in cucms... I think its a new course given having heard of it only the past year. About it being or not a great course to study too I cnt comment on anything as I am unaware of who the lecturers are and how the classes are being conducted. And i hv also not known any seniors or juniors taking that course, mainly a big possibility that our timetables are totally separated. Still I would advice on calling up cucms hotline on the website to further enquire about this course...

      Good luck and hv a nice day! :)

      Delete
  23. Hi..I got an offer from cucms for pharmacy degree ..Can i know about the hostel,food and transportation..Thank you in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well congratz!

      hostel wise, is provided by cucms, mandatory for 1st year, after tat i tink u cn search for yr own accomodation, which is recommended as the prices are higher and thy dun hv the basic things such as washing machine, stove etc. Water and electric bills are also quite high in cyberjaya, which is a major let-down.

      Food wise there are many many upcoing restaurants in Cyber, so it shouldnt be a problem. CUCMS has its own cafe as well, bt if u opt for smth different there are many other choices arnd cyber which is up to u to explore then. For transportation, cucms has its own bus services, to and back frm college to hostel. But there are fixed times, and if u wanna venture our for a lil excitement, its always best to have your own transport ready.

      If you hv any other enquiries, you cn look up for mii at my FB profile, i cn further explain more. Do mesg mii at FB 1st ya to let mii know its you. Hope to see you soon in CUCMS and hv a nice day! :)

      Delete
  24. Hi Nickel..im a first year mbbs student..Can you share some of the study tips regarding to mbbs studies..Thanks in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. H there, welcome to CUCMS :)
      Well, erm, I would suggest you get mii through FB (my account is stated above, right upper corner), as I nwdays hv less time to visit my blog page due to the hectic schedule.
      However, you are welcome to post any questions thru FB message and I'll be happy to ans yr questions. Do inform mii of who you are first so that I noe who i am replying to. Goodluck and hv fun in cucms! :)

      Delete
  25. Do i have a chance to fly overseas after taking foundation in cucms?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, erm nt sure about the future plans, but for now its all in Malaysia~ :)

      Delete
  26. hello there

    I know that cucms has their own foundation students right? Are they guaranteed to get places in any bachelor programme in cucms like mbbs and pharmacy? or they have to follow the same procedure like other students from various colleages?

    Is there any quota for the intake in mbbs like certain amount for cucms foundy students, certain amount fr mara jpa scholars and etc? Since i'm a foundation student currently in final sem in msu and i'd like to persue my degree in mbbs in cucms so im afraid that i dont get place in mbbs programme if there has quota applied. i eally want to peruse in cucms tho :(

    Hope yo will answer my question asap T^T
    Thanks in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there~

      Yes we do hv our own foundy students, and yes they will all be granted a place in degree programme, GIVEN that you pass your exams and the needed requirements. So far the oni ones that dropped out are ones who did not meet the results standard imposed by the university, and also due to the increasing number of students, CUCMS will give full priority to their foundy students, thereafter only students from other universities will be considered.

      For the quota, this is not set by the Uni, in fact its set by the Malaysian Medical Council. Up to date we are allowed Max 150 students per degree intake. It might change, sometimes 100, sometimes up to 200, but that's up to MMC and CUCMS has to abide the rules set. As for you being a non CUCMS Foundy student, I do not think it shall be a problem, given there always will be places for students from other Uni. All you gotta do is just register early, usually its in August intakes. So do check out CUCMS website and make a call in. I think as long as u fit the requirements of CUCMS, there shall not be a problem. And based on my survey, foundy students these year are plus minus 100, so there's lots more of space for you, just make your move early once you've decided.

      For any further enquiries, you could jz call up cucms unit, or you could pm mii through my FB messenger in case I did miss out on your replies here. Hope to see you in CUCMS soon and have a nice day! :)

      Delete
  27. Hi.Currently Im studying1st year mbbs.Can you share some study tips regarding mbbs.And is it possible to entirely depend on slides notes or do our own notes for daily revision? Thank u so much

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Nick, I am interested in studying MBBS in CUCMS however I checked out the MMC recognition website and the recognition has its date. Is the private college really accredited by MQE/MMC? Can I serve for the government upon graduation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there~
      Jz to ask, which date are you mentioning about? The list that you showed mii was the list of recognized medical Uni in Msia, so if CUCMS is listed, hence it is recognized.
      And yes of course you can serve with the government. CUCMS has already 5 batches of doctors in placements all around msia, and i am the 6th batch soon to be joining, so yeah, we DO work for the government :)

      For now, CUCMS is aiming for a 5 year accreditation, something even IMU, UM UKM would find it hard to achieve, But be it 1 or 3 years, as long as its accredited, there are no worries. ''Period of recognition extended from 31/12/2010'' means our Uni is recognized frm that date onwards till now. So i tink there should be nothing to worry about~ Hope this helps :)

      Delete
  29. Check out this website, what does the recognition means?
    http://mmc.gov.my/v1/docs/Second%20Schedule%20-%20Updated%2020140810.pdf#page32

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi! May I know when is the application for mbbs will be open? Im foundation in science uitm graduate. And is there any scholarship provided?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi there, during the interview, were you asked to write an essay of some sort for the MBBS programme? Thanksss

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi! Stumbled upon your blog while reviewing abt CUCMS. May I know if CUCMS does accept transferred stud from overseas uni? If yes, does the person need to restart (foundy) or jump into MBBS prog?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi,mind asking u..what if we need to buy something online,can it be delivered to our hostel?and how it will be?it will be send directly to our room's door or what?sorry for asking this type of question :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. is it the chinese student in this uni quite less??

    ReplyDelete
  35. What is the dress code for female student? Can I wear high heels? Can I wear a knee-length skirt but with a slightly slit about 6cm

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi, i'll be entering CUCMS this july, and what is the dress code for (muslim) female student? Baju kurung or blouse & skirt/pants? (And what should i wear for registration? )

    ReplyDelete