Thursday 28 June 2012

I Love Taiwan : Episode 5



  The next day was a waste for mii as I was feeling rather unwell. Hence was unable to join my friends to tour around Taipei's Medical University. Yet then, at about noon time, I was feeling better already and decided it was it time rejoin my friends at 'Gu Gong National Museum', 故宫博物馆。As easy as it is to travel around Taipei, I took the MRT down to 'Shih Lin' 寺林 station, and then took a chartered bus to the museum.







  On arriving, I was amazed by the beauty of the buildings there. To think that I thought this place would be quite boring, there I was snapping pictures away at every scene that I saw. It was a great feeling to be in such a place, where everything seems so beautifully made.






















  Till I had snapped those pictures to the fullest, I then decided to rest at a restaurant inside the museum. On first view from the outside, one would have thought its interior should be that old, dusty, wooden hall filled with sculpture of all kinds. Upon entering, you would have liked then to change that perception. High-tech gizmotized, well-air-conditioned, and packed with people from all countries, there really was nothing much to say, except stare in awe!


Who would think that the interior of this building would look like~~~




THIS!!!



OR THIS!!!


  And, at that restaurant, you really have to try the hazelnut coffee! Creamy, smooth yet rich with hazelnut flavour, its $100 per cup including service fees, but I tell you, its a great way to rest those tired legs. Soon, my friends arrived and we bought entrance tickets into the museum itself. For international students will cost you $80 instead of the normal adult fee of $100, so do bring your student cards.











Great Hazelnut coffee!


  From here onwards, cameras were not allowed inside, hence no pictures were taken at all. But one thing I can assure you, this place has lots and lots of artifacts, all relating to the history of both China and Taiwan. Hence if you're a history lover, this is gonna be a treat for you! Not being much of an artifact and art lover myself, mii and my friend Candy had a brief look through at all the things (it's a 3 story building filled with so much stuff), which we then headed of to the outside of the museum to take more pictures of the very peasing surroundings.









  I was doing photography for my project in college, hence it was a chance to sharpen my photography skills, with Candy and I taking turns to be models or some-sort. Angles angles angles, it was all that counts in photography, who knew it would be that difficult? XD



Pig basking in the sun!


Perfecto angle!








  After all my friends were done with the museum, we then took a trip back to Shih Lin Station. From there, we then headed on to 'Tam Shui' 淡水 station to visit a place called 'Lover's Bridge', 情人桥。A place where magic happens!

Lover's Bridge


  The atmosphere there was lovely, couples cuddling here and there around that area. The beauty of that place, simply breathtaking. And the bridge itself was at is best that night, simply magnificent!


Romantic!







  That night, was also a special night for two of my friends, JJ and Pauline. After 3 years of very complicating relationship (really really complicated, XP), we were all glad that they finally held hands walking along the bridge. A picture which many of us won't forget. To be honest, many of us were afraid that either of them would pull out, but thank the magic bridge that everything turned up just fine. I was really happy for them as well, and wished them all the best in their relationship. I didn't know how they did it, but we as friends, were all very happy with the outcome. Seriously, magic DOES happen here!

Oh-la-la!


  While the two love birds were busy tying up strings and bonds, the rest of us kept taking pictures of the scenery there. Soon, late as it was, we then dragged our tired bodies and took a long trip back to our motel. And yes you guessed it, 7-11 again late at night for some late-night supper!




Photos courtesy from Candy Lee and Mei Yee.

Signing off:
Nickel Low

No comments:

Post a Comment