Friday 7 September 2012

Tua Pek Gong Temple (Perak)




  Not too long ago, I had a chance to visit one of the famous Chinese Temples in Pasir Panjang, Sitiawan. Being lured by the beauty of those pictures introduced by my friends, I soon took off to experience the wonder for myself, besides also hoping to offer my prayers as well.


Deities form the story, 'Journey To The West'.



Mind-blowing sculptures!


  A 10minute journey from Sri Manjung, I soon reached the temple, and dear mii it was more than just a temple! It was a famous tourist spot, with hundreds and hundreds of people flooding the whole place. It was a holiday that day, so I'm not really sure of how the situation was on other days, but it certainly was a place packed full of life.






Pond of Life



  And yes, those statues figures of the famous deities, there they stood facing the coast of Sitiawan, proud and magnificent was all that I could say. Being carved of every detail, one would just stare in awe of the beauty of those sculptures portrayed before one's eyes!


A picture with the deities, hope this brings mii luck! XD




The amazing arches of the temple!




Loads of people offering their prayers.



  Like many temples, each have their main deity that people of the Buddhism religion pray to, and for this temple, it is 'Tua Pek Gong' himself. Believed many by people all around Malaysia, it was a place they go to pray, not only for health, but mostly for wealth as well. One would find it hard to believe, but I've heard stories from people in Manjung and also patients whom I used to see in the hospital there, of people striking TOTO and many other lucky draws after a visit to the temple. I wouldn't be that superstitious, but nevertheless, it's a believe I'd respect and who knows, I might strike something next?



A garden inside the temple.



Cute little monk sculptures



  Not only those statues that kept mii amazed, but the whole temple itself is a beauty. No wonder people of Sitiawan claim it to be a jewel of their hometown. You really have to visit the garden inside the temple, because there are even more sculptures to be appreciated with. I heard there was over a 100 sculptures in total, so do take some time appreciating each and every of them. There was also a monkey park, but do there was nothing much inside except dying mangroves and a sea-view at the end.



Monkey Garden



Sea-view at the end.



  I went to offer my prayer there too, and I really was overwhelmed by the number of people praying there as well. It was quite packed, but it was still a super experience for mii. Still, I would recommend that if you want a less hectic visit there, do go on working days, might help a little on the crowds.


Even the toilets there have unique pictures of HK artists on them walls! 




Jackie Chan!



Man-made waterfall.



Deity Guan Yin.






Tiger's Cave






  They say pictures speak a million words, so I'll just leave a few photos here for viewing pleasure. Peace out! XD




Signing off,
Nickel Low CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment