Tuesday 14 February 2012

A Summer's Meet

It's Valentine's Day!! Well, they do say Love At First Sight, and they do say that you'll never forget how the person that you loved was like when you two met each other for the first time. Everything around you stops, your hearts beats up a rhythm, the world, now just you and your partner! Well, I've experienced that before, what about you guys and girls? XD






This poem then describes the feeling at that very moment, written on the 6th of July 2007, this person though now merely a memory, but it's yet an unforgettable one! ^-^






The sun shines brightly,
Glaring its fearsome rays,
Heating up the atmosphere,
On a hot summer's day.



Walking alone on the beach,
Enduring the red-hot sand,
Cooking under my feet,
It's hot,
I know,
As I tried to keep it out of reach.






Then, 
In the distance,
I saw her;
Strolling gorgeously along the shore,
Throwing me a smile that,
I've never before admire so.



As she passed by me,
Love at first sight,
It was all that could be told;
As i tried to keep up,
With her summer stroll.






I bravely stepped up,
To have a few words, 
With her;
And soon after,
We got to know,
Each other.



Her voice was soft and sweet, 
While her eyes were, 
Like glittering diamonds,
Small yet neat!




Around her neck,
Was an amulet,
A symbol of good luck,
Though simple yet, 
Adding up to her natural beauty.



I was lost for words,
When all of a sudden,
She held on to my hand;
And so,
Walking modestly on the bay did I,
With a jewel by my side.






As we walked on,
Hand in hand,
With the sun finally setting,
In the distance,
It was a memorable evening,
For us both,
Of our summer's meet!





Please do ignore any errors in this poem. It was written many years ago, well a time where I just started to write poems and stuff, so this poem was a big leap for mii at that time, all leading up to now! XD

Anyway, Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Take up this opportunity to treasure all those around you, may Love fill the world! Wish you all a really special and wonderful day! XP




Signing off:
Nickel Low C.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment